CREATE YOUR PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARD (PCB)
Printed Circuit board is mainly used to connect Electronic Components Electrically. These Boards are made up of Glass Reinforced plastics and moreover copper tracks are used to place the minute wires. If you have designed any circuit and you have successfully got the Simulations in your system and now you need printed circuit board to get a better look how actually a circuit works. Here are some of the methods to create your own Printed circuit board follow the procedure carefully……
METHODS AVAILABLE :
- Acid Etching Method : This method should be handle carefully, It requires more safety precautions. The material needed for this method is etchant. It is more suited for small circuit, If you are using minute wires and circuits use different methods.
- UV Etching Method: This method is most suitable for creating very complex circuit but it need very expensive material, It may not be available everywhere. It doesn’t need more safety precautions.
- Mechanical Etching or Routing Method: For this method some hardware machines are needed, These machine helps us to create fine PCB. It removes the unwanted etch present in your board. So it helps to produce more number of PCBs.
- Laser Etching Method: This method is similar to Mechanical Etching, It Etch the unwanted materials from the board but here laser beams are used to etch. This method is used in large industries to increase productions.
SEE ALSO: BEST SOFTWARES FOR MAC
- Different methods are available to create PCB. So choose your method based on the material available and the circuit.
- Create your PCB circuit using PCB layout software. Most of the software are open source. Some of the software are
- Collect all the materials necessary for creating Printed Circuit Board like board, acid etc.,For first two methods you need to draw the circuit layout.
- Etching: Etch the unwanted materials from the circuit board.
- Drilling: Drill the points where you want to fix pins.
- Soldering: Fix the components with the help of soldering technique.
METHOD 1: ACID ETCHING METHOD
- For this method first you need to choose the acid for Etching. The most commonly used etchant is Ferric Chloride. Ammonium Persulfate crystals and other chemical solutions can also be used as a etchant. Since acids are dangerous material safety precautions are needed. Before Etching in to acid you first draw the circuit. The circuit can be drawn by hand with the help of special Markers, If you are using Laser printer to draw the circuit, follow the steps below.
- Print the PCB layout in the glossy paper (Shiny paper).
- Place this printed glossy sheet on the copper board. Fix the sheet with printed circuit facing the board.
- Then iron (like ironing the cloths) the fixed glossy sheet. Continue the process, the time of ironing depends on type of paper and ink used for printing.
- After some time immerse the board with the glossy sheet in to the hot water for few minutes.
- After that remove paper on the board. After removal of all paper you will see the board with circuit lines traced on that.
- Then prepare the Etchant. For some acid you need to dissolve with water. Or else you can directly use it.
- Since Acids are dangerous made a safety precautions like store the acid in a cool place, Keep it away from the children, use glass containers, Use gloves and air mask while working with acids etc.,
- After preparing the Etchant, Submerge the printed board in to the acid. And stir for every 3-5 minutes.
- And now take the board and wash it with water. Etch the unnecessary materials present in the board. Now it is ready to insert other components by making drilling, soldering etc.,
- If still you want to make it better, You can use special solvents to make the board shinning and if you are not having those solvents use sand paper.
SEE ALSO: INTERESTING WEBSITES WHEN BORED
METHOD 2: ULTRA-VIOLET ETCHING
- For this method first you need to draw the PCB layout on the copper board.
- Then use transparent sheet to cover the PCB board. It is not necessary.
- Then you need UV Etching machine, You need to put the PCB board in to the UV chamber.
- After that turn ON the UV machine. The time depends on type of board and machine used.