FIND YOUR PHONE USING GOOGLE:
You can search anything using Google but now you can also find your stolen or lost mobile through it. We used to find our mobile using IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number method. Here is a simple way which is found by Google- device manaer to find our Android mobile very easily (This is not an app). Here the image represents my Samsung tab(T311) location when it is connected to internet, the Google device manager helps to me find where my tab presents.
These are the steps to find your Android mobile using Google:
- If you bought an new Android mobile, you must have a net pack in your mobile or connected to wifi.
- This is not an app to be downloaded and installed in your mobile , it is just a URL to find your phone.
- Connect your mobile to the Google store through your account or through your email id.
- If you login in, then immediately your details will be stored in the device manager ( know better about deice manager ).
- You can locate your mobile in the map using the Android device manager (as seen above).
- Then make your mobile to ring for 5 minutes continuously to find your mobile.
- Pen icon just next to your current device name, by clicking that you can edit your device name.
- Search for GPS icon next to “Rename this device” , find address and distance from your place , by clicking that you can refresh your device details.
- Press the power button continuously to stop ringing and any button in your device.
ALSO SEE : ALTERNATIVE FOR GOOGLE ANALYTIC
- Through your Android Device Manager you can add Screen lock to your phone or to your tablet.
- You can also erase your data by Android Device Manager if you thought it is being stolen.
DRAW BACKS TO USE DEVICE MANAGER:
- You must have an internet connection connected to your android device.
- When you are detecting your phone, your play store account have to be logged in (synced).
- If anyone delete or formatted your device then it is totally useless (be aware of it ).
- It is used only when you misplaced your phone or just for testing.
- This method is available for Android 2.2 and above only.